GEICO has an exciting opportunity for a PIP Legal Secretary to perform entry level legal secretarial and administrative duties for our PIP Staff Counsel Office in Coral Gables, FL. You will maintain working knowledge of legal concepts, practices, and Staff Counsel procedures applicable by jurisdiction.
In this role, you will participate in the preparation of pleadings, routine motions, notices, jury demands, routine discovery, and correspondence of a non-dictated nature, within the case management system, for attorney review and signature. You will also manage and monitor the status of court filings and suits via mail, in-person, or e-filing. Additionally, you will be responsible for maintaining attorney calendars, reviewing invoices to ensure compliance with the Expense Management & Controls Memorandum, and preparing/sending checks to facilitate payment.
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize caseload
- Must be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing while delivering a high level of customer service to both internal and external partners
- Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills
- Exceptional computer skills and proficiency using MS Word
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; college degree or currently pursuing preferred
- Insurance defense and personal injury experience strongly preferred
- Based on jurisdiction, may need to obtain and maintain a notary license.
- Ideal candidates have some experience in insurance PIP defense in a staff counsel department or firm preferred
- Must type at least 40 WPM
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Coral Gables, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A