The GEICO IT – Corporate Support Systems team is searching for a talented Workday Finance Report Developer to join our team.
- Create and maintain calculated fields in order to perform calculations and/or utilize data that may not have been available on a particular data source for custom reports.
- Create custom reports utilizing the most efficient report type (Including but not limited to Advanced, Matrix, and Composite).
- Primary responsibility is to meet the Workday reporting needs of the Finance department (all functional areas including but not limited to Accounting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, and Physician Compensation).
- Collaboratively work with the Workday team for security component of Workday Financials.
- Create and maintain financial dashboards in order to consolidate reports relating to the same functional areas utilizing both tables and charts as the report output.
- Experience in Scrum, Kanban, and Scaled Agile Frameworks (SAFe)
- Can showcase examples of implementing agile techniques in different cultures and environments
- Provide insight into future Workday releases for process enhancements.
- Participate in Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) projects, including planning, project management, requirements, design, conversion, testing, and implementation
- Knowledge of accounting principles to assist with month end close by preparing journal entries, performing account reconciliations, and reporting.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Maintain awareness of current trends in Workday reporting and best practices
- Proficiency with email and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel and Visio
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate strong understanding of systems thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills at a system design level
- Troubleshoots business and production issues, performing root cause analysis to reduce future issues
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of experience with SDLC Tools such as Azure DevOps, Confluence, JIRA, MS Project, Modeling Tools, etc.
- 2 years accounting/finance experience
- 1 year of Workday reporting and core financials experience
- Bachelor’s/master’s degree in Information Technology or relevant experience
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) with Agile Scrum and Agile Kanban
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chevy Chase, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A