Website General Motors
GMCH Rochester is seeking an experienced controls and automation engineer. The ME Center team is responsible for process controls development and execution of new manufacturing systems for new and existing products at the Rochester NY facility.
- Participate in safety g-Risk activities with cross functional groups . Responsible for execution of safety systems to meet all applicable standards.
- Support machine qualification activities at vendor sites, including verification of all required safety and quality control circuits.
- Develop specifications for new equipment projects in coordination with Mechanical Execution Engineers.
- Support deployment of new technology to minimize risks
- Coordinate and supervise machine installation as required in conjunction with plant engineering and contractors.
- Lead approval of controls drawings . Ensure spare parts availability for new equipment.
- Procure/launch new and major programs for controls engineering . Manage vendors to meet required cost and timing targets.
- Stay abreast of new automation controls technology . Support deployment of best common systems and methods
- Participate in PFMEA and Process Control Plan Development Teams; Support the development and execution of required error proofing
Qualification & Experience:
- Fanuc Robot programming experience
- Experience in areas specific to Rochester site – High Volume assembly, laser and plastic friction welding processes, injection molding, vision inspection, leak testing
- SCADA experience – Microsoft SQL / Rockwell Factory Talk Transaction Manager
- Relevant auto industry and/or high volume manufacturing experience
- Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation control platform experience
- Ethernet network experience
- 3+ years industry experience as an automation controls engineer
- Machine Vision system experience (Cognex, Keyence)
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A