Website General Motors
The main purpose of the Lead Industrial Engineer Supervisor is to provide leadership and support to achieve plant & future program objectives. Additionally, the Lead IE Supervisor will work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, person-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value.
- Create, track, develop and support action plans to achieve annual Plant Performance Gap Targets
- Oversee the update and maintenance of current production documentation including Assembly Process System (APS), Standard Time Data System (STDS), Scrolling, Standard Operation Sheet (SOS), connections and part routings for Master Process Documents (MPD) and labor reporting (GWB)
- Ensure Area IE’s actively support production in the resolution of labor relations, quality, health and safety concerns
- Drive first time quality of all direct labor IE deliverables
- Provide monthly/quarterly metric analysis for headquarter submission
- Confirm IE documentation is maintained as current and accurate within APS, STDS, AutoCAD, MGO and authorized headcount
- Promote safe work practices as highest priority and implement objectives for ergonomics, health, safety and housekeeping
- Provide and retain productivity data for reporting and ensure Direct Labor Industrial Engineers are a key resource for continuous improvement activities. 4. Develop employees.
- Provide resources for input to future production planning, including process and workplace layout.
- Oversee completion of operation validations by direct labor IE’s
Qualification & Experience:
- 3+ years of IE experience
- Launch experience
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A