Website General Motors
Liaison to the Plant Material Lead, Plant Material Director and the Plant Launch Operations Manager. Provide Operational Focus to the Material Launch Team
- Attend the daily launch conference calls to execute quick resolution of all issues involving, supplier quality or capacity issues, container issues, transportation issues, GM schedule to supplier issues.
- Assist with developing and maintaining material launch readiness wall
- CMA, Pre-kitting, Small Lot quantities
- Conduct Plan for Every Part (PFEP) Validation Checkpoint at the assembly plant at the appropriate timing
- Develops and maintains material DLOC, footprint and flow for in-plant functional evaluation builds and manufacturing validation, through acceleration.
- Supervise, and Coordinate the activities of the Plant Material Launch Core Team and any other bargaining unit support.
- Line side presentation and delivery
- Participate in Material Launch Readiness Team (MRLT) with cross-functional members to provide information, direction and establish priorities during each phase of the program cycle.
- Storage location, equipment analysis and manpower
- Internal/External Material Flow Plan
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements, which includes a hands-on assessment, hair drug testing, and a background check. Failure to successfully complete the hands-on assessment will disqualify you from consideration.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours daily, weekends and holidays on those shifts with little notice
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
- Must be able to successfully complete the GM-UAW Skilled Trades Apprenticeship Readiness Certificate (STARC) program with a grade of 75% or better for Manufacturing sites and/or 80% or better for Engineering sites
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A