Website General Motors
- Responsible for all Plant Readiness activities, operation readiness, and operator training.
- Supports responsibility for the program launch with the Plant Launch Operations Manager (PLOM), Program Engineering Manager (PEM) and Manufacturing Integration Manager (MIM)
- Direct report to the Plant Launch Operations Manager
- Support the Plant Launch Team for all Manufacturing Builds Events (PVB, MCB, PPV, MVB)
- Support PLOM to Identify and develop the Launch Team training plan and execution for both salary and hourly personnel
- Holds team accountable to achieve manpower targets
- Support discussions with the PLOM, MIM and MCE for the staffing of the Launch Team
- Responsible for the development and execution, by department, of Build By Objective plans for the Manufacturing Build Events
- Ensure execution of the quality plan developed by the Quality Launch Manager
- Define, staff and train all Plant Issue Teams (PIT) for the launch
- Coordinates the assembly processing of the Process Verification Build units
- Support PLOM with the Coordination with plant M.E. leadership the necessary manpower at the assembly plant to create and publish a weekend work package, which identifies all work being performed at the plant during construction an all launch phases of a new product program
- Support assembly/manufacturing input into product design/design changes
- Participate in Virtual Engineering Activities from Virtual Integration Vehicle Assessment on
- Build relationships to solve problems and resolve issues,
- Plant and/or launch experience.
- Influence without direct authority.
- Product launch or project management experience (desirable).
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams.
- Strong knowledge of GM manufacturing systems.
- Leadership and interpersonal skills to build effective teams and work cross-functionally.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical Degree Preferred) or equivalent experience.
- Ability to work in a flexible work schedule to allow participation in early morning or evening conferences and Global conference calls.
- Experienced in working with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A