Website General Motors
As the Dimensional Engineer, you will be able to work autonomously with occasional guidance from supervision. Skilled in equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines and facilities necessary for the production of parts. Work is performed in a centralized manufacturing engineering activity or assembly/plant activity where creativity and initiative is exercised as well as independent judgment.
- Has the ability to supervise hourly toolmakers on the shop floor and direct tooling changes as required.
- Has knowledge of body-in-white design and construction.
- Has very strong problem solving skills.
- Is able to interact with hourly production team members and team leaders on issues related to dimensional quality.
- May be assigned to direct the design, development, and/or improvement of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Has strong oral and written communication skills. Can communicate effectively with all levels of the assembly plant organization, from shop floor to plant management staff.
- Is familiar with sheet metal stamping processes and quality requirements.
- Has experience with the use of Coordinate Measuring Machines to analyze performance of builds to design specifications.
- Has an understanding of body build processes including automated tooling, welding/joining, sealing, and hem dies.
- Is able to set up Perceptron vision measurement systems to reduce body dimensional variation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience with Laser Tracker and Romer Arm measurement equipment
- Experience with GOM ATOS Scanbox equipment
- Knowledge of basic computer software packages such as Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook)
- Experience with Perceptron Vision Measurement systems
- Automotive tooling design experience
- Experience using and programming Origin Laser Gauges for gap and flushness measurements
- Knowledge of specific computer software as it pertains to manufacturing in a GM assembly plant (Polyworks, TeamCenter / VisMockup, PC-DMIS, Unigraphics)
- Familiarity with GM dimensional metrics and tools (GDIS)
- Bachelors in Engineering or equivalent past experience
- Red-X Certification
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A