Website General Motors
The Launch Electrical Diagnostician is a key position to support the plant in achieving electrical first time quality (EFTQ) glidepath during vehicle program launch. The primary responsibility is supporting electrical end of line (EOL) repair process. This role will collect data and information to help resolve the ongoing issues impacting EFTQ during launch.
- Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up. Leads corrective action plans.
- Support Final Process Repairmen regarding training, troubleshooting vehicle issues, repair root cause entry into GSIP, Service Information schematic and other issues, Plant repair diagnostic tool (GDS2/MDI), and reporting systems.
- Be a member of the plant’s Electrical Team – an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant’s top external and internal quality problems. Report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator within that team.
- Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team Members
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers. (Travel is required in this role )
- Lead electrical disconnect workshop during launch to develop database for repair faults (knowledge based repair systems) in Global Standard Inspection Process (GSIP).
- Lead electrical troubleshooting efforts for the launch team, focusing on top-hitting EFTQ issues, using statistical problem solving and strategy-based diagnostics.
- Ability to understand electrical schematics.
- Knowledge of CAN, LIN and Ethernet protocols
- Familiarity with and skilled in the use of electronic test equipment
- BS Electrical, Automotive Technology/Automotive Engineering Technology required
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Automotive OBD II / CAN Bus interface familiarity
- Hands on electrical/electronic repair experience (crimp, splice, depin/repin, soldering)
Qualification & Experience:
- ASE certification or similar
- Previous OEM and automotive experience
- Proficient in one or more relevant programming languages
- Minimum of 1-2 years automotive vehicle diagnostics system development experience.
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wentzville, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A