Website General Motors
We are currently looking for a GMS Core Team Supervisor in our Oshawa OEM facility. In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for upholding GM’s purpose and values and ensuring the safe work practices of all its employees. This position is an Industrial Engineering role with included responsibilities to supervise an hourly team of individuals that are responsible to support the plant Operations Team implementing the Global Manufacturing System (GMS). The successful candidate will work directly with production in implementing lean manufacturing. They analyze throughput data to help departments improve performance. They are responsible to handle standardized work for future products alongside the Core Team and maintain accurate station layouts.
- Support development of processes for future product growth
- Supervise hourly GMS Core Team
- Plan and implement productivity improvements
- Support plant’s goal to achieve CCA Operation Performance Excellence certification level 1 & 2
- Implement lean manufacturing concepts (GMS)
- Provide technical support and assistance to production, maintenance team members and production supervisors
- Drive continuous improvement activities for assigned area
- Maintain accurate time study and ergonomic evaluations
- Implement workstation designs that meet safety and ergonomic requirements
- Support department Throughput Improvement Processes (TIP)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with diverse individuals and all level of management and personnel.
- Strong leader and motivator of peers and co-workers.
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering skills and techniques
- Proficient in Auto CAD
- Experience in IE, GMS, program/platform manufacturing and plant manufacturing.
- Good knowledge of GMS principles and experience in GMS implementation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- High level of analytic, organization and planning ability
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oshawa, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A