Website General Motors
Our plants are the groundwork for GM and a hotbed of innovation. We also have a culture of continuous improvement where we strive for operational excellence. This position perfectly blends the two. GM Rochester is looking for a Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Developer Co-Op to build and support our custom MES application. You will work alongside our Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality teams to analyze requirements, and then design and develop solutions. Your responsibilities of preforming ground-up design and development of new features would have a direct effect on the plant. Which means you could leave a lasting impression at GM! The plant is a high volume, fast paced environment where teamwork is championed, and we all have the same goal.
- Ad-hoc and planned data visualization and report development using Reporting Services (SSRS), Tableau, etc.
- Ensure optimal system performance and uptime
- Structured Query Language (SQL) development and performance tuning of database schema, stored procedures, etc.
- Design and implement SQL queries and new reports to support business needs
- Monitor and troubleshoot performance of system on in the manufacturing environment
- Work with users on a day-to-day basis to be continuously aware of their specific requirements and issues
- Work fulltime, 40 hours per week
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking/deadlocking issues, connectivity issues, data replication issues etc.
- Willing to work in a plant environment
- Knowledgeable with SQL optimization for high volume and large databases
- Experience designing, implementing, and troubleshooting websites
- Pursuing Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Web/Mobile Computing
- Enrolled in a Co-op program at your university
- Solid understanding of SQL Server-related development environments (SQL Server Management Studio, Visual Studio, etc.)
- Understanding in SQL Server database functions and related usage like transaction processing, indexing, and performance
- Expert use of Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rochester, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A