Website General Motors
We are looking for experienced Electricians to join our St. Catharines Propulsion Facility.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Troubleshoot machine components including cylinders, pumps, motors, spindles, fixtures, slides, valves, and gears.
- Support and maintain department lean manufacturing initiatives
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications.
- Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records (MAXIMO)
- Working knowledge of the Canadian Electrical Code, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Three to five years hands on experience in machining environment; experience with CNC machines a definite asset
- Robotic programming and troubleshooting experience, preferably ABB, FANUC
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent
- Familiarity with lockout policies and electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems
- Graduate of mechanical and/or industrial technology from an accredited college preferred
- Ontario Industrial Electrician License Red Seal #442A preferred however consideration given to Red Seal #309A
- Working knowledge of servomotors, and controllers
- PLC program troubleshooting experience including Allen Bradley, Indramat, Siemens
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: St Catharines, ON, CA
Application Deadline: N/A