Website General Motors
The Launch Diagnostician is a key position to support the plant in achieving electrical first time quality (EFTQ) glidepath during vehicle program launch. The primary responsibility is supporting electrical end of line (EOL) repair process with the diagnosis of complicated electrical issues. This will include wiring and Soft Ware. This role will collect data and information using diagnostic tools to help resolve the ongoing issues impacting EFTQ during launch. This role will need a self motivated technical person to diagnose and drive difficult electrical issues to closure, interacting with a diverse group.
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers. (Travel is required in this role)
- Lead electrical troubleshooting efforts for the launch team, focusing on top-hitting EFTQ issues, using Red X statistical problem solving and strategy-based diagnostics.
- Create actionable items from electrical failures to enable issue documentation and follow up. Leads corrective action plans.
- Conduct training of vehicle electrical systems for Team Leaders so they can support their Team Members
- Lead disconnect workshop during launch to develop database for repair faults (knowledge based repair systems) in GSIP.
- Be a member of the plant’s Electrical Team – an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant’s top external and internal quality problems. Report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator within that team.
- Support Final Process Repairmen regarding training, troubleshooting vehicle issues, repair root cause entry into GSIP, Service Information schematic and other issues, Plant repair diagnostic tool (GDS2/MDI), and reporting systems. Coordinate training on new model features for repairmen on service diagnostic tools via Raytheon or applicable company.
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Requires f lexibility to cover all shifts as needed (1st 2nd)
- Ability to lead technical people
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Background or interest in working on vehicles
- Self-motivated and innovative
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lansing, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A