Website General Motors
The Launch Electrical Wiring Coordinator is the key person at Launch to get the wire harness design and manufacturing right. This role participates in the GM Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC) for thorough training before launch activities begin.
- Implement the Launch Protection Plan at the wiring supplier facilities to set up a robust wire harness manufacturing process. (Significant travel is required in this role).
- Be a member of the plant’s Electrical Team – an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant’s top external and internal quality problems. Report to the Lead Launch Electrical Coordinator within that team.
- Be the voice of the wiring supplier and GM manufacturing teams to interface with product engineers.
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers as part of the Automotive Manufacturing Electrical College (AMEC). (Travel is required in this role) .
- Assist with packaging, harness sequence racks, and lift assist designs to deliver defect free harnesses to the production line
- Able to make decisions quickly with a high level of confidence
- Strong analytical ability
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, particularly to translate highly complex technical issues to non-technical people
- Self-motivated and innovative
Qualification & Experience:
- Thorough working knowledge of GMS and supporting BIQ4 Deliverables
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing and developing manufacturing processes
- Spanish-speaking skills
- Minimum 3 years previous experience with automotive electrical sub-systems or wire harnesses
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kansas City, KS, US
Application Deadline: N/A