Website General Motors
The Controls Systems Engineer is an Individual contributor with recognized expertise responsible for tasks and work you’re doing throughout the entire vehicle development lifecycle including requirements definition, systems design and implementation, testing, and problem resolution.
- Identify and document system vulnerabilities and craft mitigation action plans; track corrective actions
- Design Tests to efficiently find opportunities for design improvements
- Oversee requirements development with other activities
- Develop and document requirements required to design an automotive system
- Design and manage key strategic interfaces within systems to enable component reuse and consistency to standard methodologies
- Stay on top of industry trends, technologies, and standard methodologies.
- Provide support to other specialists for root cause analysis
- This role is a technical resource throughout the department. Existing knowledge of AB PLCs, Siemens HMIs and older generations of controls architecture will set this candidate apart.
- Strong ability to expertly capture and analyze empirical data.
- Electrical Engineering Degree or Mechanical Engineering preferred, or equivalent experience
- HMI software – Siemens WinCC and TIA Portal, and Rockwell FactoryTalk View
- This position will require overtime and off-shift production support at times.
- 2+ years of Electrical Engineering experience
- PLC hardware – Rockwell ControlLogix family, Siemens 300, and Fanuc LEP Rockwell Powerflex / Kinetix
- Fanuc Robots – programming and troubleshooting is highly desirable, but not
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Wentzville, MO, US
Application Deadline: N/A