Website General Motors
Sr Network Test Engineer is a technical position which focus on network, IT, and OT management servicing the manufacture IT development and testing department. The ability to replicate our plant network environment and communications with IT and OT systems is essential.
- Develop and maintain standard documentation regarding how to implement and maintain cybersecurity solutions.
- Mentoring team members and new hires on process, tools, techniques
- Provide in-depth Manufacturing and Security knowledge for Manufacturing Cyber Security initiatives with respect to implementation and ongoing support to ensure strategic alignment with the MCS program, success with the core business.
- Development and/or contribute to solutions for sophisticated, multi-functional issues to resolve Manufacturing Cyber Security vulnerabilities.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineering to test security solutions while minimizing the impact to on-going production.
- Work hand in hand with multi-functional organizations to implement MCS controls in order to secure the manufacturing plant floor
- Work with core infrastructure and network teams to plan and test new and existing technologies
- Analyze and report on differences and our ability to test changes to network and supporting infrastructure
- Perform solution testing in a lab environment, assisting implementing the solution on the manufacturing plant floor.
- Craft and replicate plant production network architectures for development and testing needs
- Familiarity with a wide variety of ICS / OT systems applied across manufacturing operations.
- Proven excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues.
- Demonstrates initiative by reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Confirmed innovative thinking welcoming challenges and developing outstanding solutions to solve difficult problems.
- Self-starting, detail oriented, results driven individual capable of developing solutions to complex cyber security vulnerabilities with little direction from others.
- Proven experience in the implementation of systems and services in a manufacturing environment.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient at programming and solving problems Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and HMIs, including Rockwell, Siemens, and/or comparable.
- Knowledge of numerous OT devices (Robots, Welders, HMIs, Vision Cameras, Torque Controllers, VFDs, etc)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Information Technology, Security, Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
- Knowledge of industrial controls networks (EtherNet/IP, Profinet, DeviceNet, etc)
- Expertise with WAN technologies including Internet, MPLS, SDWAN, IPSEC
- At least 8 years’ experience in Network Engineering, Testing, or Network Test space.
- 5 plus years’ experience in Network Engineering supporting an automotive manufacturing plant as controls, launch, or deployment engineer is required.
- Application installation and troubleshooting
- ICS / OT knowledge in the industrial controls space is preferred.
- Experience with firewalls, load balancers, packet sniffers, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SNMP, Authentication
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A