Website General Motors
The Lead Solutions Architect is responsible and accountable for the quality and cohesion of solution architecture components within an assigned domain and their conformance to approved GM IT standards and alignment with the future state enterprise and domain architectural goals. This includes both hands-on development of IT technology solution architectures as well as management of various architectural initiatives.
- Provides mentorship, mentor and/or training to others as appropriate. Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and crafts a winning culture.
- Responsible for definition of current state application and/or infrastructure architectures for the assigned domain areas.
- You will define, craft and deliver cloud architecture for enterprise applications hosted or built natively on the cloud and integrate with legacy/on-premises systems.
- Promotes innovation and application of emerging IT technologies within the context of a business domain area.
- Ensure that crafted or reviewed solutions conform to architectural requirements such as scalability, maintainability, reliability, extensibility, usability and security across multiple domain areas.
- Accountable for defining, developing, presenting Data Architecture Components including Master Data, Meta Data, Data Management Repositories, Logical Data Models, Data Standards, Tool Standards, etc., and adhering to policies and procedures for leading consumption and compliance to GM Data Standards. Leads a team and is responsible for staffing, presenting, training and development, directing and prioritization of work, evaluating performance and removing roadblocks. Expected to have cross domain industry expertise and all of the capabilities required of a Data Architect along with a strong practically based solid grasp of industry standard data architectural patterns, technologies and processes.
- Responsible for development and approval of future state application or infrastructure architectures in an organized and cohesive manner using industry accepted frameworks.
- Introduces technology innovation opportunities to the GM IT organization. Participates in the evaluation of new technologies for inclusion as GM IT standards.
- Responsible for owning the definition of solution architectures which includes evaluation, selection and integration of vital technical components to build solution designs that support the defined functional and non-functional requirements.
- Collaborate with the application, data, and infrastructure architects on defining, designing and delivering cloud specific technical architectures and design patterns
- 10-15 years of Information Technology experience in a large-scale commercial enterprise
- Demonstrable understanding and experience with data governance, metadata management (lineage, taxonomies, aliases, etc.), and data architecture
- proven track record with hands-on implementation of Master Data Management (MDM) solutions applying one of the major MDM solutions
- Understanding of data integration concepts such as EAI, ETL, EII
- Experience in integrating business applications and MDM using batch processing, web services, message queues or event-driven architecture
- Experience in Performance tuning of MDM platform, databases and applications preferred
- A bachelor’s degree in a technical subject area or equivalent professional experience
- Confirmed understanding of design patterns and software development standard methodologies
- Experience implementing different MDM styles (registry, consolidation, etc.)
- Proven background implementing solutions for master data management, including experience in:
Company: General Motors
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A