Website U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
The incumbent is to perform developmental duties described for progression to the full performance of this position GS-13. The incumbent serve as Human Resources Specialist (Classification) providing a variety of human resources services including management advisory functions in the areas of position classification, HRM advisory services, and organizational design.
- Provide the full spectrum of management advisory services to highly complex and dynamic organizations having a wide variety of difficult positions and personnel actions, which are often sensitive.
- Independently resolves difficult issues/problems requiring consideration of the total HR management program.
- Work in decision-making conferences to provide historical perspective, objectivity, and a thorough knowledge/understanding of Federal rules and regulations to assist in the development of constructive outcomes for various HR situations.
- Explore alternative courses of action to accommodate management needs and considerations and works with key management officials in a manner that inspires respect for resulting conclusions.
- Assure correct implementation of the Fair Labor Standards Act requirements.
- Recommend significant changes in workforce distribution and/or positions.
- Provide managers and lower graded specialists with technically authoritative advice on issues that affect the organization’s efficiency, such as the assignment of work, work schedules, and the use of contract employees.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Background Investigation is required.
- E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
- Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
- Travel, transportation, and moving expenses will be paid: No
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Recruitment Incentive may be authorized: No
- Annual Leave for non-federal service may be authorized: No
- Research position: No
- Promotion potential: Yes: This position has promotion potential to GS13. Promotion to the next grade level is at management’s discretion and is based on your meeting qualifications and time-in-grade requirements, demonstrated ability to perform the higher level duties, the continuing need for the higher level duties, and administrative approval. Promotion to the next grade level is not guaranteed and no promise of promotion is implied.
- Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A