Website U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
This position is located with the Incident Management Team (IMT). The IMT effectively and efficiently manage the deployed resources and coordinate the activities of those resources to ensure completion of assigned missions. The IMT is activated when federal health service/missions are assigned in support of federal, state, local, and tribal requests for support during natural or man-made emergencies, incidents, or National Special Security Events (NSSE).
- Responsible for developing information flow and data collection supporting incident management activities in the field, to include creating an information collection process.
- Oversees the activities of the Information Management Section to include tracking and addressing all requests for information (RFI), coordinating with other sections of Incident Management Team (IMT) to collect, analyze, and synthesize critical incident information, and production of the daily Situation Report, and other products as requested to meet the needs of the response.
- Oversees the geographic information system (GIS) section, which is responsible for producing GIS projects that include data capture, database design, data entry and retrieval, and formats for display and analysis, visualization and reporting of data.
- Provides incident analysis support related to epidemiological and social media to IMT leadership and looks for trends to identify and spotlight potential health and medical issued during a response.
- Advises and assists the Deputy Federal Health Coordinating Official for Mission Execution (DepFHCO-ME) in evaluating operational plans and setting goals and objectives.
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service – http://www.sss.gov
- Suitable for federal employment
- Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. All information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation.
- Documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- One-year probationary period may be required.
Company: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Harlingen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A