Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security, United States Coast Guard, Surface Forces Logistics Center, Industrial Operations Division, Norfolk, VA.
- Developing vessel maintenance and repair forecasts and administers allocated funds for annual vessel projects,
- Evaluating maintenance and repair objectives and identifies the most economical and efficient procedures for project accomplishment considering all influences.
- Coordinating with engineers and naval architects to ensure coverage of all technical areas, receives overlapping intra-disciplinary responsibilities concerning attention to design project objectives and schedules.
- The incumbent performs nonprofessional technical work as engineering technician. The incumbent must have broad practical and technical experience and knowledge particular to design, engineering, construction, and operation of vessels and the systems and components found in marine engineering applications, Must be able to interpret, select, and apply many guidelines, precedents, and engineering principles and practices relating to the area of vessel design and construction.
- Conducting ship checks and site surveys to obtain field data on the nature and condition of existing systems and structures, collects data to plan and analyze special projects, studies, and testing and development tasks assigned to SES.
- Maintaining contacts with equipment manufacturers and suppliers to find sources and technical information on specialized equipment.
- Meeting with contractors, manufacturers, and unit representatives to establish maintenance and repair requirements.
- Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team. Typical work assignments include:
- All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement. This includes Time-In-Grade requirements for current status employees applying through merit promotion procedures. Status applicants applying for a promotion must have 52 weeks of service at the next lower grade.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Norfolk, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A