Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S Coast Guard, Atlantic Area, 5th Coast Guard District, Sector Virginia Command Center, Portsmouth, VA.
- Providing command and control over Coast Guard assets in all maritime law enforcement operations and pollution response within the Sector AOR.
- Maintaining command and control of Coast Guard assets conducting Ports Waterways and Coastal Security (PWCS) missions, including those accomplished by other government agencies (OGAs).
- Analyzing and disseminating a variety of nautical data such as current, tides, weather.
- Developing search action plans while investigating and coordinating ongoing activities and operations within the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Overseeing and monitoring the Sector’s response to Search and Rescue (SAR) cases in order to minimize loss of life and property at sea.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Applicant is required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- Travel on commercial private/military vessels and aircraft may be required.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- The applicant is subject to pre-appointment and random drug testing.
- Unofficial transcripts are required at the time of application.
- The position requires shift work to include nights and weekends.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Portsmouth, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A