Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), U.S Coast Guard, Atlantic Area, 5th Coast Guard District, Sector Virginia Command Center, Portsmouth, VA.
- Maintaining command and control of Coast Guard assets conducting Ports Waterways and Coastal Security (PWCS) missions, including those accomplished by other government agencies (OGAs).
- Developing search action plans while investigating and coordinating ongoing activities and operations within the Area of Responsibility (AOR).
- Analyzing and disseminating a variety of nautical data such as current, tides, weather.
- Providing command and control over Coast Guard assets in all maritime law enforcement operations and pollution response within the Sector AOR.
- Overseeing and monitoring the Sector’s response to Search and Rescue (SAR) cases in order to minimize loss of life and property at sea.
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered for Selective Service.
- The position requires shift work to include nights and weekends.
- The position requires a valid state driver’s license.
- This position requires a Secret clearance.
- Unofficial transcripts are required at the time of application.
- Travel on commercial private/military vessels and aircraft may be required.
- Applicant is required to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- The applicant is subject to pre-appointment and random drug testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A