Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This position is located at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) U.S. Coast Guard Headquarters (USCG), Deputy Commandant for Operations (CG-DCO), Assistant Commandant for Intelligence (CG-2), Counterintelligence Service (CGCIS) , Portsmouth, VA.
- Establishing methodologies for solving complex and unprecedented insider threat problems that are not susceptible to treatment via the application of standard methods, guidelines/instructions, and policies. Interprets existing policies in order to make the technical and operational decisions.
- Projecting and revising long-range plans and estimates for insider threat program/insider threat intelligence operations and activities within the AOR, performing the full spectrum of insider threat intelligence support activities.
- Working closely with other Insider Threat Coordinators and Atlantic Area Command stakeholders regarding all insider threat matters, including insider threat awareness training e.g., briefing Commands on insider threats.
- Conducting and providing analyses of insider and CI threats, which involves gathering data, analyzing findings, and documenting and reporting results.
- Coordinating with the Atlantic Area Commander to ensure that his/her concerns and equities related to insider threats are addressed, assisting Commands, CGCIS, CG Investigative Service (CGIS), or anyone else who has concerns about persons that could potentially cause harm to the USCG, its equipment, or its personnel.
- Serving as the senior insider threat expert/advisor and maintaining responsibility for interacting with senior government officials and field level personnel to provide briefings, training, liaison services, and guidance concerning insider threat matters related to the Atlantic Area Command’s area of responsibility (AOR).
- This position requires a Top Secret/SSBI clearance.
- Incumbent must sign a non-disclosure statement.
- The applicant is subject to pre-appointment and random drug testing.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Must be able to complete a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
- Must be willing to undergo CI Scope Polygraph
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Newport News, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A