Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
As our nation navigates the COVID-19 pandemic, CBP is committed to delivering our mission to safeguard America’s borders and enable legitimate trade and travel. Staffing mission critical positions remains a high priority. Be reassured that CBP is still hiring, despite potential hiring process step delays due to restrictions to in-person activities.
- Conducting or arranging for training on team activities concerning work methods, policies, procedures, guidelines and the techniques of operational briefings for Sector personnel.
- Reporting to the SOS/DPAIC on unusual problems that arise and on progress towards meeting established completion dates of the various assignments and the resources needs of the team.
- Leading a unit or team of Border Patrol Agents capable of anticipating, targeting, detecting, and disrupting cross-border violations that threaten our national security, economy, and public safety.
- Monitoring liaison with other Federal, State, local, and tribal law enforcement agencies, as well as, foreign agencies, to support intelligence priorities and operational enforcement efforts.
- Collecting intelligence information, ranging from unclassified to top secret, on criminal activity focusing on smuggling activities, illegal entry, fraudulent documents, terrorists and narcotics traffickers.
- Providing guidance and leadership to BPAs in accomplishing specific objectives towards collecting, refining, analyzing and disseminating strategic and tactical intelligence reports utilizing human intelligence (HUMINT), measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT), and open source intelligence (OSINT).
- You may be required to pass a background investigation and/or polygraph
- You must be able to meet job-related medical and/or fitness standards
- CBP follows the DHS Drug-Free Workplace Plan for drug testing procedures
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with Selective Service
- Primary U.S. residency for at least three of the last five years (additional details below)
- You must be a U.S. Citizen to apply for this position
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A