Website U.S. Department of Homeland Security
This assignment is a 1-year non-reimbursable assignment. This assignment is located in the Office of the Chief Medical Officer (OCMO) within the United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP). The primary purpose of this position is to serve as an AMO Medical Liaison in direct support to the CBP Chief Medical Officer and the AMO Medical Officer. Required to hold and retain a Secret clearance.
- Advise the OCMO regarding AMO specific and CBP-wide medical policy, plans, and programs.
- Create reports and other briefing materials for staff and executive-level meetings concerning a wide variety of critical issues, including mass migration preparedness and response, public and immigrant health, medical transportation procedures, emergency medicine, medical counter measures, naloxone use in response to fentanyl exposure, pandemic and emerging infectious diseases, and operational medical needs.
- Provide recommendations concerning AMO multi-program quality assurance, standards, and compliance, which enhance CBP’s ability to successfully complete mission-essential functions, goals, and objectives.
- Provides guidance and other support to the CBP Watch, Information and Incident Coordination Center (IICC) and Incident Management Division during emergencies/disasters as directed by the Chief Medical Officer.
- Must be a current Customs and Border Protection employee
- Must have supervisory approval to apply to the Joint Duty Assignment.
- Must NOT have any pending/outstanding disciplinary actions
- Must have achieved a minimum of “meet expectations/proficiency” on latest performance appraisal/evaluation
- Must be currently at the grade level of the detail. *No Temporary Promotion Opportunity*
- The program does not apply to members of the Military service or contractors.
- Must complete DHS 250-2 Application Form.? Supervisory signature is required.? Please see “Required Documents” section for form.
Company: U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Daytona Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A