To assist in directing employees in all phases of operation, to achieve high standards of food preparation and presentation, service to guests, general cleanliness, and pleasant atmosphere in accordance with all standard operating procedures.
- Assist in conducting orientation and training for new employees and give refresher training to current employees, when needed. Supervise employee performance and conduct in accordance with company policies. Observe guest reactions to quality of food and service.
- Assist in ensuring that all personnel, equipment, and supplies are prepared and ready to meet the needs of the business. Assist in assigning employee duties and responsibilities and encouraging teamwork.
- Inform all employees of new menu items, specials, and promotional materials to ensure complete understanding of food preparation and service.
- Review all time cards (or time reports) daily as required by Unit Manager. Adjust schedule to meet the needs of the restaurant and keep overtime to an absolute minimum.
- Control waste.
- Perform Administrative Procedures such as: — Cash Receipts/Store Receipts — Be responsible for register reading and daily sales reports. — Reconcile cash receipts and store bank funds. — Ensure that register or servers have sufficient change and bills prior to peak hours of business. — Enforce company policy regarding check cashing. — Perform other assignments or as needed or which may be assigned the Unit Manager or Assistant Manager.
- Enforce portion control per Standard Operating Procedures Manuals. Check deliveries for proper quantity, quality, pricing, completeness of order, breakage, and spoilage. Maintain tight security.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, fractions, percents, decimals, discounts, and cash counting.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write guest checks and simple correspondence. Ability to read and speak English well enough to communicate with guests, understand guest checks and instructions.
- Employee must be able to remain calm under pressure when dealing with guests, staff or equipment problems.
- Ability to apply common sense and to understand and carry out detailed and objective written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations. Employee must be able to memorize food plating and handling procedures outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures Manual.
- IHOP training coursework as assigned.
- Prior experience or training is desired, but may not be required.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Grand Prairie, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A