- Managing and coordinating external contractors in partnership with the facilities manager.
- Working proactively to maintain the safety and security of your areas of responsibility for customers and colleagues, with IKEA culture and values top of mind.
- Following work briefs agreed with colleagues to implement all store media, such as wall constructions, floor laying, painting, tiling and the building of systems and kitchen furniture installations.
- Contributing to positioning the IKEA store as the first choice for home furnishing in your local market.
- Implementing agreed processes, working methods and procedures, including IT systems.
- Maintaining basic supplies, planning and ordering materials, ensuring accurate costs are sought, and agreed in order to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- Adept skills in woodworking, painting, decorating, and furniture & fixture building.
- Qualification and previous experience in carpentry gained in a commercial business, ideally in retail fit out & exhibition installations, and or from the construction and building industry. You will be able to use carpentry tools and equipment.
- Commitment to efficiency and cost-consciousness, and a desire to seek out opportunities to make improvements in the way we work.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, creative environment where you work to tight deadlines.
- A flexible approach that no task is too big or small for you.
- Flexibility in working across a broad range trade focused tasks.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Application Deadline: N/A