Website Internal Revenue Service
Vacancies will be filled in the following specialty areas: SB/SE Specialty Exam, Employment Tax
- Remains alert for related income tax problems, which may become evident from the examination, and refers such problems to income tax agents.
- Assists taxpayers by providing technical tax information. Writes determination letters based upon written requests from individuals and corporations, including Form SS-8 requests.
- Meets and deals with taxpayers and their representatives to communicate complex examination findings including the interpretation made of the tax laws, regulations, etc. Prepares a comprehensive report to the taxpayer on the results of the examination.
- Performs employment tax examinations of large businesses and of businesses having several operating sub-divisions or deriving income from many sources. Also included are those companies that have sales organizations, subcontractors, or those which furnish personal services. The incumbent specializes in the area of Income Tax Withholding, Federal Insurance Contribution Act, and Federal Unemployment Tax Act.
- Examinations involve scrutiny of accounting data, research of tax laws and reference guides to resolve legal issues.
- As required, conducts examinations of other kinds of tax returns and special examinations, such as those of claims, collateral requests, or the audit features in important cases of suspected fraud. Participates as employment tax specialist in large case examinations.
- Receives assigned cases and conducts a pre-audit analysis of the return. Researches such background materials as may be available concerning industry practices, determines most likely areas of non-compliance, and plans audit techniques to be used during the examination.
- Knowledge of & skill in applying the principles, concepts & methodology of professional accounting & related fields and
- Skill in communicating & dealing effectively with others
- Provision of accounting or financial management advice & assistance to management
- Examination, analysis & interpretation of accounting data, records or reports
- Obtain and use a Government-issued charge card for business-related travel.
- A 1-year probationary period is required (unless already completed).
- Prescription of accounting standards, policies & requirements
- Accounting work that includes the design, development, operation or inspection of accounting systems
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of appointment and annually from then on.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: McAllen, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A