Website Internal Revenue Service
IRS-CI Special Agents (SAs) are duly sworn federal law enforcement officers throughout all 50 states and US territories including special agent attachés located in 11 countries. As a SA, you will combine your accounting skills with law enforcement skills to investigate financial crimes. SAs fill a unique niche in the federal law enforcement community due to IRS-CI’s broad jurisdiction of Title 18 and Title 31 crimes, in addition to our primary tax enforcement mission. SAs are known for their financial investigative expertise in areas, such as, tax fraud, public corruption, cybercrimes, narcotics, terrorism, and much more. Today’s sophisticated schemes demand the analytical ability of financial investigators to trace transactions through complex financial records
- May serve as a team leader and/or expert consultant in the information gathering function.
- Obtains, evaluates, integrates, and recommends actions on information items to identify larger areas of noncompliance (e.g., major profession, occupation, industry, or wide geographic area).
- Protects the government’s interest in enforcement activities.
- Maintains good physical condition in order to conduct criminal investigations, surveillance, protective assignments, undercover assignments, etc.
- Conducts or participates in surveillance, armed escorts, dignitary protection, undercover operations, execution of search and arrest warrants, seizures, etc.
- Complete a pre-employment medical examination by an authorized Government physician; be determined physically fit to perform strenuous physically demanding duties.
- Employment of any candidate selected for this position may be conditional on classification and/or audit of federal tax returns (may include up to 2 years of returns).
- Employment of any candidate selected for this position will be conditional on obtaining/maintaining a High-Risk Security Clearance.
- Complete/previously completed the Criminal Investigation Training Program (CITP) course(s) at the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center (FLETC) in Glynco, GA.
- Undergo regular physical examinations to maintain a level of physical fitness IAW the standards/policies of this agency.
- Carry/use a firearm. Maintaining forearm proficiency is mandatory. Ineligible for this position if ever convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence, unless pardoned or conviction was expunged/set aside..
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Jacksonville, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A