Website Internal Revenue Service
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If this vacancy includes more than one grade and you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and receive training to help you grow in this position.
- Drafts or reviews work projects involving emerging issues and areas of non-compliance.
- Serves as a technical expert in examinations of significant tax compliance issues and provides expert advice that may impact tax compliance strategy and the examination program as a whole.
- Serves as an issue expert in the examination of LB&I returns. Exercises significant authority and responsibility in planning, directing, and coordinating the examination of certain significant complex issues.
- Serves as a lead for other revenue agents and specialists assigned to an examination and counsel attorneys. Leads the team in conferences with appeals, including issue resolution meetings such as fast track. May be assigned to multiple examinations simultaneously.
- Functions as a resource in certain technical areas of expertise. Collaborates and coordinates with other experts, revenue agents, counsel attorneys, appeals officers, and/or specialists throughout IRS to leverage and expand expertise and ensure consistent application and interpretation of tax laws within those areas.
- A Certificate as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) obtained through written examination in a State, territory, or the District of Columbia. OR
- Are currently serving as an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and have been in this position for at least one year or was previously an Internal Revenue Agent GS-0512 and held the position for at least one year.
- In addition to the above qualifications, you must possess the following professional accounting knowledges: Principles of Accounting, Intermediate Accounting, Cost Accounting, Advanced Accounting, and Auditing.
- A combination of experience and education at an accredited college or university equivalent to a four year degree that included courses equivalent to a major in accounting, i.e. at least 30 semester hours in accounting or 24 semester hours in accounting and 6 semester hours in related subjects as described above.
Company: Internal Revenue Service
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Temple, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A