Website Qatar Airways
The Duty Engineer is responsible for the delivery of Aircraft Maintenance service in New York. This role will support the operations effectively by providing the required specialized knowledge and skills. The successful candidate for this role is responsible for ensuring the optimal fleet performance of Qatar Airways aircraft through appropriate manpower, materials and completion of assigned complex tasks within set timeframes.
- Communicates to all Qatar Airways’ affiliated parties in the station and oversees audit supervision in the station.
- Plans assigned activities effectively and ensures proper usage of equipment and tooling as per procedural framework.
- Monitors Health, Safety and Environment requirements of Qatar Airways and the staff at all times.
- Responsible for the final release of work accomplished by self or Mechanics.
- Ensures tasks are performed to meet company standard and targets eg. Dispatch reliability and level of acceptable deferred defects.
- Ensures required tools and equipment are available and in serviceable condition.
- Constantly achieves the expected quality and productivity for each maintenance tasks.
- Manages shift handover and ensures that incoming shifts are informed of operational requirements that have or could have an impact on business.
- Utilizes effectively the available ground time in clearing defects and performing scheduled task through close liaison with Maintenance Operations Control Centre and station team.
- Accomplishes aircraft maintenance tasks in accordance with the agreed policies and procedures.
Qualification & Experience:
- Able to work with high volume activities within 24/7 shift pattern.
- Holds EASA part 66 Aircraft Maintenance Engineer License, type-rated with minimum two aircraft type i.e. A330, B777, A350 and B787 is preferred.
- Has good exposure to operational and tactical decision-making.
- Relevant College or University level qualification
- Licensed Engineer capable of holding authorization on foreign carrier’s aircraft types.
- Holds a minimum of two full QR main fleet EASA/ICAO/QCAA license and approvals.
- Able to work in a highly pressurized working environment.
- Holds EASA part 147 type training or equivalent.
- Able to prioritize sequential completion of tasks and processes.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in Technical Maintenance for a large Airline.
Company: Qatar Airways
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: New York, US
Application Deadline: N/A