The Senior Geologist will lead environmental remediation projects throughout the investigation and design process, adapting environmental plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs. The successful candidate should have a diverse remediation technical background and significant remediation investigation, consulting and execution experience. In addition to remediation projects, the work may include environmental regulatory compliance tasks related to SPCC, SWPPP, UST/AST, hazardous waste management, and the like.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
- Applies knowledge and experience to complex projects, find non-standard solutions.
- Lead preparation of work plans, investigation reports, feasibility studies, remedial design, and implementation.
- Participate in the development of project schedule, scope, budget staffing planning, and construction planning.
- Prepare environmental Request for Qualifications (RFQ’s), technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report on project performance.
- Applies expert knowledge of commonly used environmental concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the environmental consulting services industry.
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Knowledge of permitting at various California agencies including local City Bldg & Safety, County, Air Districts, Waterboards and DTSC
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite). Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Rockworks, Surfer, ArcGIS, and other geoscience software is a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training (and annual updates) is required.
- Professional Geologist (PG) license preferred.
- QSP and/or QSD credential is a plus.
Qualification & Experience:
- 7 years of enviornmental consulting experience (preferably 10 years).
- Experience with Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments and/or site investigations, collecting soil and groundwater samples, logging soil borings, installing and developing monitoring wells, data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with and working knowledge of State and/or Federal regulations desired.
- Bachelor of Science in Geology or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
Company: Los Angeles World Airports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A