The Senior Environmental Engineer will lead environmental remediation projects throughout the investigation and design process, adapting environmental plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs. The successful candidate should have a diverse remediation technical background and significant remediation investigation, consulting and execution experience. In addition to remediation projects, the work may include environmental regulatory compliance tasks related to SPCC, SWPPP, UST/AST, hazardous waste management, and the like.
- Lead preparation of work plans, investigation reports, feasibility studies, remedial design, and implementation.
- Lead the development of cost proposals and qualification statements to achieve stated targets and standards for financial performance.
- Prepare and present project budgets and cost estimates. Report on project performance.
- Build effective relationships with existing clients, customers and contractors and develop new business opportunities. Responsible for ensuring customer satisfaction goals and expectations are met.
- Applies expert knowledge of commonly used environmental concepts, practices, codes, and procedures within the environmental engineering services industry.
- Participate in the development of project schedule, scope, budget staffing planning, and construction planning.
- Prepare environmental equipment: packaged equipment specifications and data sheets, Request for Qualifications (RFQ’s), technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Prepare and present technical reports for clients and industry publications.
- Applies knowledge and experience to complex projects, find non-standard solutions.
- Participate in sales and marketing efforts and identify key pursuits.
- Bachelor of Science in Environmental or Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Experience with Phase I/II Environmental Site Assessments and/or site investigations, collecting soil and groundwater samples, logging soil borings, installing and developing monitoring wells, data analysis is a plus.
- OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training (and annual updates) is required.
- Knowledge of standard engineering techniques and procedures. Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Or Bachelor of Science in Environmental or Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Experience with and working knowledge of State and/or Federal regulations desired.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license preferred.
- Knowledge of permitting at various California agencies including local City Bldg & Safety, County, Air Districts, Waterboards and DTSC
- 7 years environmental consulting experience (preferably 10 years).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Company: Los Angeles World Airports
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A