Website Lidl UK
We have established a new Analytics function and are looking for our first data scientists. In this role you will support senior management and operational departments by using data science to generate business value. If you are excited to help build something new, with the support of the world’s fourth-largest largest retailer, we’d love to hear from you.
- Take responsibility for achieving high technical standards so that your solutions are appropriate, comprehensible, well-structured and reproducible.
- Keep up to date with the latest analytics and data science trends and identify opportunities to enhance our methods or tools.
- Participate in the global analytics community and the exchange of methods and solutions.
- Analyse data from various sources, both internal and external, to create new insights and solve business to solve real-world business problems.
- Use modern data science techniques for the optimisation of business processes using predictive and prescriptive methods.
- When required, support the development of solutions in cooperation with other countries or the international analytics teams to ensure the rapid dissemination of solutions in the global Lidl analytics community.
- Share your knowledge and enthusiasm for data science with colleagues, especially in Business Intelligence. Help to make a strong, mutually beneficial connection.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical colleagues; obtain recognition for your work.
- Own your own data science projects end-to-end: defining requirements, conducting experiments, demonstrating value and supporting implementation\adoption.
- Work with Analytics and Controlling colleagues to provide support for all national operational departments in deriving and solving analytical questions either through deep-dive analysis or the development of analytical solutions.
- German language skills are not essential, but would be advantageous
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and to deliver accurate results
- Bachelors or master’s degree in data science, operational research, mathematics, statistics, computer science, physics or similar subject
- Strong ability to understand complex problems and scenarios, and analysing them in detail
- Genuine enthusiasm for using data to solve real problems
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a can-do attitude and the ability to work on projects and solve problems independently
- Strong knowledge of data wrangling and manipulation; a sceptical and quality-oriented approach
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well in a team
- Strong knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimisation, and data mining methods, especially in Python
- Strong experience of applying analytics / data science to real-world problems
Company: Lidl UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Surbiton, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A