This position under the direction/guidance of Body Technician II must have the basic skills to assemble and disassemble vehicle body related components including, but not limited to the preparation of body related components for paint by use of correct basic sanding and priming techniques.
- Evaluate and determine If vehicles must be disassembled and then reassemble for body shop repair and/or protect areas not damaged in compliance with MBG standards
- Using basic body repair techniques, repair cars according to procedures to ensure adherence to MBG/MBUSA quality standards
- Ensure adherence to ISO9001 standards
- Evaluate, diagnose and determine damage on vehicles to find the correct repair methods and then commence with repair work including identifying parts to be replaced. Ability to prepare basic body related components as required prior to paint
- Perform cleaning and preventative maintenance on tools/equipment and maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Complete online and classroom based training for new tools, software (Microsoft Products), diagnostic systems and new vehicles as required. Provide body related support and guidance to Technical Associates
- Identify, validate and perform body related campaigns from single to multiple vehicles as directed by MBUSA Engineering Services when issued by MBUSI
- Utilize basic vehicle diagnostic systems and online technical instructions to evaluate, track, validate and record completion of job.
Qualification & Experience:
- Trade School and or Associate/Bachelor’s degree in Automotive body repair preferred.
- Must have minimum of 1 to 5 years of experience in trade school, dealership, aftermarket, or VPC body/paint shop.
- Minimum High School Diploma (GED) or equivalent
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A