Under general supervision, this position advises and guides the operations group (on the shop floor) with the responsibility to secure the reduction of processing time and manpower requirements by stabilizing and optimizing the process of receiving, storing and delivering goods. Define and continuously improve the operational processes to meet or exceed key performance indicators (safety, quality, delivery, cost, morale – SQDCM).
- Maintain responsibility for fault management in the case of missing parts or line stoppages. Report status and concerns to Management following an established escalation process. Initiate, maintain and develop countermeasures for potential failure mode and effects analysis.
- Establish targets, track and monitor the progress of the operations in regards to achievement of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Coach, train and mentor the necessary team members for to improve Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Analyze process solutions within the operations group.
- Review the work of Process Specialists. Give advice and guidance to the Process Specialists for planning purposes.
- Create proposals for process optimization in particular areas and/or in regard to reducing costs and showing / identifying solutions.
- Evaluate alternative logistics processes and assess their viability with the impact to other departments.
- Procure from and/or exchange information with partners/colleagues in the plant, the logistics service provider, suppliers, and various departments (collaborate and generate best practices and lessons learned).
- Perform time studies based on Method Time Measurement process for all operational processes; resulting in definitive headcount planning for delivery routes and part receiving.
- Ensure proper PDCA (plan, do check, act) implementation and communication in a controlled and standardized approach regarding product, process, and people and the related changes resulting from product and/or process change and continuous improvement activities.
- Propose and implement logistics standards, methods and processes.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to coordinate meetings, prepare material, and to lead and give presentations. (Internal and external to the organization, and to various levels of management – including the management team).
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Business Administratin, Information Technology, or in a related area, and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven capability and skills to calculate and plan manpower requirements (associated to both series and project/pilot teams).
- Logsitics, warehouse, or supply chain management environment within an automotive or related manufacturing setting
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Main frame system knowledge: MRS, SAP, R-Plan.
- Proven ability to analyze current processes, coordinate recommended trials, and implement measures.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vance, Alabama, US
Application Deadline: N/A