The Engineer Compliance is a key element of a cross-functional team that supports fuel consumption, emissions and OBD compliance testing for the US market.
- Conduct testing in the areas of emissions control/OBD and fuel economy, investigate and identify issues, determine root causes, and discuss regulation conformity with internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze data, summarize results, and prepare technical reports for internal development partners and external regulatory agencies.
- Analyze software change requests and quantify the consequences in regards to the certification process.
- Plan and coordinate resources for testing (head count, vehicle, test cells, equipment).
- Generate detailed test plans and schedules with strong understanding of requirements and expected deliverables.
- Define and lead a process for emissions and OBD conformity testing.
- Learn and analyze the emissions and OBD certification activities and identify additional areas where the team can effectively contribute value.
- Build effective working relationship with Daimler HQ certification and RD departments.
- Conduct emissions testing with chassis emissions dynamometer and PEMS units and evaluate and quantify the results and data.
- Serve as internal technical expert and support the development of the team and implement new compliance measure with focus on future technologies.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to act and perform under every circumstances with personal integrity and represent the certification values
- Comprehensive knowledge of and regulatory requirements and OBD system functions
- Comprehensive knowledge of powertrain systems, including emissions control system functions and regulatory requirements
- Experience investigating issues firsthand with strong analysis and problem solving abilities
- Experience with testing and data acquisition systems in the automotive field (INCA)
- Experience with emissions test equipment (bench analyzers, PEMS, etc.)
- Experience with use and programming of automated testing and data analysis tools (ie. LabVIEW, Matlab, Simulink) and methods
- Detail-oriented mindset for planning and program management
- Ability to execute and develop detailed testing plans and schedules
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering or related field
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Long Beach, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A