The MBRDNA Powertrain Software Coordination (SWC) Team is looking to continue our growth by adding a Senior Engineer. We are responsible for the successful introduction of Powertrain Software into Production and Aftersales. Our scope is far reaching, and includes projects within the Mercedes-Benz Cars & Vans and Mercedes-AMG divisions. From a technology standpoint we are involved with conventional, electrified and Hybrid powertrains. We work collaboratively with teams located throughout the world to ensure software availability and alignment with regulatory requirements. If you are a team player who thrives in a dynamic environment where plans change often and deadlines are short, we would love to hear from you.
- Coordinating software and dataset changes with the responsible Engineers.
- Communicate with our worldwide production plants to support launches.
- Creating timelines to Plan, coordinate and support powertrain projects with a focus on identifying critical deadlines.
- Support validation and testing activities.
- Maintaining detailed documentation of software and dataset changes.
- Documentation of Software Part Numbers.
Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- Work experience with system engineering, product evaluation, statistical analysis, vehicle integration.
- Knowledge of vehicle network topologies and technologies (e.g. CAN, FlexRay).
- Strong project management skills including scheduling, defining critical paths, analyzing trade-offs, and creating recovery plans.
- Experience in developing products within a development system.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills in leading projects and working with local and external teams from Daimler RD and suppliers.
- Well versed in quality tools and best practices including Key Performance Metrics (KPI), ISO standards.
- Successful completion of the development cycle from product design, issue resolution, to product launches.
- Facilitate problem solving and lessons learned sessions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redford, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A