Under general supervision, this position is responsible for process capability and product quality of the supplier locations from the development phase to start of production (SOP) through the end of the life cycle by collaborating cross-functional partnerships within the company (worldwide) and with suppliers within the North America region.
- Establish and monitor supplier key process indicator (KPI) to ensure supplier performance is achieved.
- Production process and product approval (PPA) according to VDA 2.
- Perform and monitor supplier performance to MBUSI’s targets and standards
- Provide lessons learned from current running series to improve future projects.
- Annual check of the suppliers’ process and product of safety and certification relevant parts (i.e. Requalification)
- Participate in the supplier evaluation and qualification of suppliers before awarding (i.e. VDA Potential Analysis)
- Work with supplier to Investigate, analyze and correct supplier problems and countermeasure activities according to 8D methodology.
- Facilitate and help lead the supplier in the advanced product quality planning (APQP) of new product project following the maturity level assurance process (VDA-RGA)
- Use quality tools/system necessary for New Product Project (NPP) (i.e. ABC Classification, Q-Planning, Husky, START, SQMS, PIA)
- Perform VDA 6.3 process audit at the supplier and maintain follow-up audits and schedule accordingly
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience in leading task forces.
- Working knowledge in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Maturity Level Assurance (VDA-RGA), Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA).
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or in a related area, and/or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Expertise in requested commodity.
- Capable of using hand measurement tools (i.e. calipers, micro-meters).
- PPAP and audit experience.
- Strong planning and problem skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-Why, etc.
- Strong communication skills are required, as well the ability to communicate complex topics into a cross-functional and cross –cultural environment.
- Engineering within Original Equipment Manufacturing or a Tier 1 Supplier
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vance, Alabama, US
Application Deadline: N/A