The Electrified Powertrain Software Development & Calibration Engineer is responsible for function ownership and software analysis and improvement within Central Powertrain Controller (CPC) and other powertrain controllers. Position involves software release testing and planning, calibration, issue tracking and resolution, new feature specification, and prototype validation. It will also include requirement specification for new and existing powertrain control software.
- Diagnostic SW tool development support: Support development and implementation of new powertrain diagnostic software tools. Provide troubleshooting assistance during phase-in of new diagnostic tools.
- Software analysis, optimization & validation: Review existing software to create system-level diagrams. Identify and propose new SW features, create feature requirements, request prototype software, validate and prove new features using HIL/SIL/vehicle test environments, request and plan release roll-out to all relevant vehicle platforms. Per project needs, create requirements to document existing control functions.
- Release testing: Align testing tasks with software release planning. Identify testing needs, define testing goals, create test cases, collect and analyze testing data, document testing results. Provide release recommendation to management.
- Function Ownership and Calibration: Be the contact person and owner of assigned software functions. Calibrate CPC OBD Coordination functions to meet requirements. Clarify issues with internal customers. Identify and report function deficiency, follow up through resolution. Submit calibration changes and document the changes following the release process.
- Issue resolution: Receive and own internal or customer reported issues. Decide and schedule testing environments (SiL, HiL, Dynamometer, Vehicle) to reproduce the issue. Identify the root cause, propose algorithm and/or calibration fixes, validate and document the resolution. Request and plan SW releases for all affected vehicle platforms.
Qualification & Experience:
- Experience using control development & calibration tools including Vector CANoe/CANalyzer, and ETAS INCA.
- Formal school training on engineering fundamentals, automotive powertrain, internal combustion engines. Knowledge and experiences of Matlab /Simulink /Stateflow.
- Professional appearance and confidence in making engineering decisions. Able to clarify issues, set up goals, collect information, get resources and make sound engineering decision on technical issues.
- Intercultural competence in understanding and solving complicated engineering problems. Able to explain technical problems and solutions to management. Willing and able to teach and cross-train other team members.
- High commitment and flexibility for tasks. Self-responsible working attitude and initiative.
- Strong planning and organizational skills. Team work and communication skills to drive assigned topics and coordinate stakeholders across three continents and different time-zones with minimum supervision.
- BS, MS or PhD in electrical, mechanical, automotive engineering or related fields.
- Experience calibrating diagnostic error management and generic scan tool output. Familiarity with analyzing IUMPR data.
- Hand-on experiences on HiL/SiL, and vehicle. Able to work independently in vehicle and other testing environments.
- Self-motivated to grow technical know-how in assigned engineering areas. Self-study and fast learning skills. Able to propose and implement creative solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Redford, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A