The Account Management Consultant will provide cross-market support functions across both regional and local markets in a field office while supporting senior sales staff in the internal and external post-sale activities associated with the acquisition of new business and in maintaining existing client relationships.
- Works with internal partners to resolve escalated issues, requests needed plan performance reporting and develops marketing plans and presentation materials.
- Ensures proper licensing, appointment and commission paperwork is in good order for writing agents.
- Tracks renewal status and margin position, negotiation of rates, working with underwriting to request alternate plan designs as necessary and initiation of amendments borne out of final decisions and mentors newly hired associates and assists with process training.
- Runs team huddles and collaborates with dedicated internal partners as part of a natural working team to ensure excellent customer and broker service.
- Organizes and attends various client and broker facing meetings either in person, virtually or via the phone.
- Actively participates in the implementation process to insure a smooth onboarding process.
- Demonstrates strong client-specific product knowledge and provides consultative assistance on issues related to customer benefit plans and stays informed of specific client activities taking place (acquisitions, divestures, layoffs, budget challenges, etc.) and
- Acts as team lead by managing service escalations for a multi-million dollar book of business
- Actively participates in finalist meetings for prospective customers, stewardship meetings for existing customers and broker meetings to discuss both.
- Strong group insurance benefits product knowledge and underwriting skills
- High School diploma
- 5+ years customer service experience
- Excellent presentation skills, oral and written communication skills
Qualification & Experience:
- Strong organizational skills. Able to work well with others as well as independently.
- Life and Health license.
- Ability to maneuver within multiple complex systems at same time..
- Able to solve problems and think creatively.
- Proficient in MS Excel, PowerPoint and SalesForce
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to recognize opportunities to recommend new product offerings.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A