This position will reside in the Group Program Management Office, a consolidated organization in Group Benefits Operations responsible for execution of the Group Benefits project portfolio. This Project Management position has primary responsibility for leading Business and/or IT projects. This person will be accountable for managing multiple small to mid-size projects and/ or support work streams on larger, strategic projects, providing overall leadership and supervision to assigned project team resources. This person must successfully manage projects with potential guidance of a coach/ mentor following department documentation and performance standards. This person must also be able to manage the expectations and interests of project team members, key sponsors, & stakeholders to ensure their continued support and appropriate participation in the project.
- Designs, implements, and monitors the progress of initiatives, milestones, and budgets to ensure timeliness and deliverables are met.
- Leads and motivates project team members that are not direct reports that may span the entire organization.
- Oversees projects that include various phases and large project teams.
- Leads project meetings and provides updates to senior leadership regarding project status and the application and implementation of technology.
- Determines specific business application software requirements to address complex and varied business needs and analyses and designs solutions to complex and varied business needs.
- Oversees very large/critical technology projects, typically spanning the entire organization or include various and distinct LOB’s. Serves as a liaison between the business and the IT area, translating varied business needs into application software requirements.
- Manages critical relationships with IT, consultants and vendors, internal end users, and business customers/leadership.
- Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- 5+ years of experience as a Project Manager
- Ability to influence within own team and with partners and senior management.
- Proven ability to plan, organize and lead the execution of simple to medium-sized projects.
- Exhibit strong collaboration and ability to engage across multiple functions and business units
- Ability to work independently with some oversight by a mentor or coach.
- Ability to lead, motivate and support a project team(s).
- Identify risks to project success and recommend course of action to prevent risk from negatively impacting the project. Effectively recognize when to escalate issues and options to senior management for resolution.
Qualification & Experience:
- Familiarity with MS Project.
- Knowledge of current MetLife systems and technology.
- Exposure to Information Technology Project Methodologies and Terminology (PMBOK, MetLife PPM).
- PMI training, Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or PMP certification.
- Knowledge of MetLife business structure, products, and end to end processes and outputs.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Oriskany, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A