MetLife, at the Executive level, has placed a high priority on the implementation of a top tier Insurance industry Non-Financial Risk Framework within Global Technology and Operations (GTO). As a part of the GTO Business Controls team, supporting Global Customer Service & Operations, this is a great opportunity to contribute to the ongoing maturity and execution of the risk framework in a large, global institution and influence how the organization views risk. You will partner closely with business stakeholders and other corporate functions, including Global Risk Management, Internal Audit, Compliance, and Technology in the evolution and ongoing execution of the risk framework. The Business Controls, Global Customer Service and Operations Risk Management organization is focused on the assessment and monitoring of risk within Global Customer Service & Operations and understanding how the risk landscape continues to evolve over time to ensure that the risk framework is continually addressing emerging risk.
- Support reporting on Non-Financial Risk Assessment outcomes (both detailed and executive level summaries).
- Support Global Customer Service & Operations (US) in the understanding of their risk environment.
- Deliver on risk related goals/deliverables; implement best practices.
- This position supports the US region.
- Support risk activities aligned with the Enterprise Non-Financial Risk Policy and Standard.
- Support Global Customer Service & Operations in maturing their view of risks, execution of the Non-Financial Risk Assessment process, and self-identification/validation of issues.
- Support business capabilities globally to mitigate risks above tolerance.
- Support Non-Financial Risk Assessment activities.
- Support appropriate capture of applicable risks regionally.
- Implement/support risk related metrics/indicators, performance metrics, and dashboard reporting.
- Problem solver with the ability to translate information into actionable recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to execute in an ambiguous and dynamic environment with a focus on delivery of outcomes
- Demonstrated track record of proactive communication to partners and leadership
- 5+ plus years of Risk Management or related Internal Audit/Risk & Control Environment experience, with progressive responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Risk Management or related field
- Customer service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to produce timely reporting for audiences at varying levels within the organization
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills – including oral and written communications, relationship building, collaboration, and influencing – across a broad range of levels in the organization
- Experience in execution of a non-financial risk assessment process and use of ‘GRC’ tools
- Minimum of 2 years in the financial services industry, preferably insurance
Qualification & Experience:
- Secondary language fluency (Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, etc.) preferred
- Knowledge of GRC technology: OpenPages, Archer, etc.
- Understanding of latest risk trends in financial services
- Knowledge of Global Customer Service & Operations in a financial services environment
- Experience in Fraud, Compliance, and/or Legal/Regulatory risk
- Subject matter expertise in Claims, Billing and Collections, and Policy Administration processes
- Prior experience in customer service and operations risk
- Risk related or other certifications (e.g. CPA/CIA/JD)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A