Internal Audit is an independent global organization that plays an important role in partnering with the business to ensure management anticipates, recognizes, and appropriately manages risks. The IT Audit Director will be responsible for managing the relationship with the US Business Chief Information Officer (CIO), providing leadership, oversight, and advice over the scoping and testing of key IT risks around MetLife’s US Business application portfolio. This role provides leadership over the assessment and consistent testing of application controls and advisory support around strategic application implementations across the US Business segments including Group Benefits, Retirement & Income Solutions and MetLife Holdings.
- Actively manage the Balanced scorecard metrics and ensure they are on par to meet expectations, and, if lagging, demonstrate urgency to resolve and get metrics back on track
- Perform the risk assessment, audit planning, audit execution, issues management, and develop consolidated results for review and reporting to Global Technology and Operations (GTO) and Internal Audit leadership.
- Support the AVP-Group Benefits & US Business Technology Audit in providing leadership and management of the US Business Technology Audit team responsible for testing application controls and leading implementation reviews around strategic IT projects across MetLife’s US Business application portfolio.
- Lead and model MetLife success principles in project execution
- Manage relationships with the US Business Chief Information Officer (CIO) in addition to Application Development leads across the various US Business segments.
- Provide thought leadership on the current state and future direction of application development-related topics, including use of agile delivery models, cloud-first implementations and automation of code testing and development.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery of audit-related projects and issue remediation testing, including performance of overall reviews per methodology. Issue audit reports in compliance with quality standards
- Lead and manage the US Business Technology Internal Audit team’s audit coverage of US-based application-layer risks (including access and security) for both legacy and new implementations; product aligned teams and model; Agile and DevOps adoption; automation of testing; use of APIs.
- Lead teams through the entire life cycle of audit-related projects, including day-to-day supervision of staff to deliver on commitments
- Maintain an ongoing collaborative relationship with management and assume accountability for client engagement during audit-related work to ensure timeliness and transparency of audit-related results (avoid surprises)
- Bachelor’s degree required, major in Computer Science, Information Technology or Accounting strongly preferred
- Proficient capabilities in the areas of critical thinking, root cause analysis, and written/verbal communications.
- 12+ years IT audit experience
- Experience leading/coaching junior team members on methodology, stakeholder management, and the more technical aspects of integrated business reviews.
- Certified 1 or more of the following as a CISA, CISM or CISSP designation.
- Able to demonstrate executive presence, and clearly and frequency communicate potential risks, audit scoping and risk assessments, and audit results succinctly and effectively to executive leadership of the organization.
Qualification & Experience:
- Proficient experience in auditing cloud configuration settings (Microsoft Azure, AWS); application level cloud migrations
- Intermediate to advance understanding of the financial services/insurance industry
- Public Accounting Experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Warwick, RI, US
Application Deadline: N/A