This position will be responsible for underwriting our group products in the National Accounts space. National Accounts provides global employee benefits sales and solutions to U.S.-based employers with 5,000 or more employees. We serve more than 1,400 U.S. customers, including 92 of the top 100 Fortune 500® companies, covering approximately 50 million employees and their dependents. We also drive growth by utilizing a strong customer-centric approach, which is a hallmark of the Group Benefits brand.
- Prices plan changes at broker or customer request, or to impact new business or renewal rate action.
- Underwrites renewals for multiple products by reviewing details of the current plan (premium history, claim history, etc.) and company financial condition to determine appropriate renewal action; prepares pricing analysis for review; makes plan design change recommendations.
- Provides consultative services for Account Executive, broker or customer regarding life, dental, and disability plans.
- Underwrites new business quotes by analyzing financial and plan information to determine whether or not to accept risk.
- Maintains pricing files and databases in accordance with defined standards.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of underwriting policies and procedures, underwriting guidelines and philosophies. Demonstrated strong analytical skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
- High level of organization skill and the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- A willingness to take risk with appropriate levels of risk assessment.
- Strong Excel and personal computer skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Statistics or related field is highly preferred.
- Exposure to Large Group/National Accounts.
- 7+ years of relevant business experience with 4+ years of underwriting experience.
- Group product experience in medical, life, disability and/or dental is ideal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Aurora, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A