Website State of Mississippi
This is semi-skilled level work in the care and supervision of consumers at a state mental health facility. Employees assist residents in all areas of physical care and assume total responsibility for the hygiene of consumers who are unable to independently perform such tasks. Other duties include general housekeeping assignments, participating in social and recreational activities for the residents, and writing nontechnical reports on consumer behavior and activity. General supervision is received from a Direct Care Supervisor, Alternate Supervisor, shift leader, or nursing supervisor; supervisory responsibilities are not assigned to positions allocated to this job class.
- Examples of work performed in this classification include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Checks and records consumer conditions such as vital signs and weight.
- Writes nontechnical reports documenting consumer behavior and activity.
- Administers basic life saving techniques.
- Directs and participates in recreational and social activities for consumers in accordance with written programs and habilitation plans.
- Accompanies residents to activities and programs outside the facility.
- Collects urine, stool, and sputum specimens for clinical tests.
- Turns and positions non-ambulatory consumers.
- Performs or assists in the performance of consumer activities of daily living including but not limited to bathing, shaving, and brushing teeth.
- Uses appropriate behavior management techniques when interacting with residents.
- Graduation from a four-year high school or equivalent (GED or High School Equivalency Diploma);
- One year of documented experience as a MH-Direct Care Trainee.
Company: State of Mississippi
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Laurel, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A