Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
You will serve as Deputy Program Manager for the Goddard Mission Services Evolution Center (GMSEC) or a similar project in the Ground Software Systems Branch. You will assist the Program Manager in strategic planning efforts, directing and/or managing engineering and integration for projects and/or programs involving flight and ground systems, providing technical leadership in defining system objectives and requirements, planning, managing cost and schedule, and monitoring efforts.
- Guide and evaluate contractor efforts and assess technical progress in relation to established schedule and resources.
- Coordinate stakeholder management and interactions both internally and externally (other agencies/NASA centers) with the program manager. This includes preparing briefings as needed.
- Evaluate waiver requests for risk implications. Work closely with the resource analyst, program manager, and technical lead to set annual technical, managerial, financial, and staffing goals.
- Initiate investigations and studies to find solutions to critical problems.
- Interact with senior management to devise agreements and plans for institutional support for project activities.
- Coordinate with the technical lead and program manager to define systems objectives and requirements, planning and design, and monitoring integration and testing.
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Develop resource requirements, policies, procedures, budget, staffing needs and operational schedules for assigned programs/projects.
- Coordinate with other offices to establish content, cost, schedule of products, deliverables, and services. Manage project cost, schedule, technical aspects, and risk implications including waiver requests.
- Integrate and coordinate employee efforts with those of contractors in research, development, and engineering. Coordinate technical activities of senior and other ground system/sub-system engineers with the technical lead.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement.
- Position subject to pre-employment background security investigation.
- If the individual selected is currently at the GS-14 or GS-15 grade level, they may be detailed at their current grade and step. If the individual is a current GS-13/14 they may be temporarily promoted to either the GS-14 or GS-15 level.
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A