Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Serves as the Marshall Space Flight Center’s Assistant to the Pressure Systems Manager (PSM), Safety and Mission Assurance Directorate providing technical leadership and technical management for the MSFC Pressure Certification Program.
- Provide technical leadership for pressure system projects or program initiatives for resolving problems, developing process improvement strategies, or refining inspection and engineering assessment techniques.
- Ensure Center-specific procedures are developed and implement for all aspects of pressure vessel and system activities at the Center in accordance with NPD 8710.5 and NASA-STD-8719.17.
- Ensure the safety and reliability of pressure systems and assist in the development of strategies to eliminate or effectively mitigate any pressure system hazards identified.
- Assess pressure system design and installation to ensure compliance with NASA requirements by review of drawings and documentation as well as direct in-field observation of as-installed systems.
- Coordinate and oversee technical review of ground-based pressure systems and pressure vessels to ensure compliance with applicable NASA requirements, national consensus standards or industry practices.
- Assist the PSM with technical oversight and management of the MSFC Pressure System Certification Program, at KSC and Michoud Assembly Facility (MAF).
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Ft. Lauderdale, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A