Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Earth Science Data Information System (ESDIS) Project is seeking a software system architect to support its mission to develop, operate, and monitor the data system activities of the overarching Earth Observation System Data Information System (EOSDIS). EOSDIS performs ingest, archive, and distribution of billions of science data products and provides a platform for the publication, discovery, understanding, and access to NASA’s growing Earth Observation data collection.
- Coordinates the overall system engineering design, development, integration, and implementation of new components of the Earth Observing System (EOS) Data and Information System (EOSDIS).
- Performs project planning duties, such as concept development, comprehensive system design, and master integration planning, taking into account feasibility and budget.
- Duties described below are at the full-performance level. Duties assigned at a lower grade level will be of more limited scope, performed with less independence and limited complexity; duties will be commensurate with the grade of selected employee.
- Works with customers and users to analyze and resolve problems, to develop and specify requirements for the modification and enhancement of existing systems, or to define requirements for new science data systems.
- Provides technical insight into the development and management of policies, procedures, and operational schedules necessary for science data systems and functions.
- Provides expertise in current and state-of-the-art computer science technology and standards, software engineering skills, and team leadership ability.
- Coordinates and leads the technical activities of science data system and sub-system engineers and provides technical direction on development of components within EOSDIS.
- Identifies improvements in systems, tools and services to increase the utilization of earth science data and define requirements, approve designs, and oversee implementation of these improvements.
- Serves as a key ESDIS representative to other NASA organizations and other US agencies, and to International or commercial science data system partners, to coordinate the development of interoperable components for EOSDIS.
- Position subject to pre-employment background security investigation.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
- This position may require a one year trial period.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A