Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Research Directorate at Langley Research Center in currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Mechanical Equipment Specialist in the Supersonic/Hypersonic Testing Branch. Provides technical and mechanical support to tunnel operations, maintenance and enhancement. Interfaces with/operates a vast array of tunnel systems including high-pressure air, combustible fuels, hydraulics, pneumatics, vacuum, and electronic instrumentation for data acquisition and system control.
- Accomplishes assembly, construction, installation, fabrication, maintenance, operation, repairs, and modification of research apparatus and test facilities.
- Adheres to existing operational procedures, configuration mandates and LaRC standards of facility operation and operation of experimental devices.
- Aides in determining test procedures, evaluating test results and making necessary design adjustments. Periodically reviews and updates procedures to ensure a safe and efficient work environment.
- Operates high-energy, complex research facilities to execute fundamental flow physics studies, aerodynamic performance measurements and aeroheating assessment of advanced vehicle systems.
- Diagnoses problems with the test facilities and test articles. Adheres to existing operational procedures, modifying and developing special procedures as required.
- Maintains the facility Configuration Management Program documentation making drawing changes, procedure changes, facility resume changes, etc. Adheres to existing LaRC Safety Standards and Regulations in the performance of assigned duties.
- Performs critical facility/equipment inspections, initiating necessary repairs to facility/test article. Provides technical support necessary to insure the operational capability of assigned facilities and their experimental systems and subsystems.
- Performs work of a broad scope in the design, buildup, adaptation, and modification of mechanical systems or component parts, which are part of complex experimental research tests.
- This position is open to U.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S
- Position subject to pre-employment background investigation
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A