Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
As a Senior Principal Investigator and Senior Scientist in the Exploration Research and Technologies Programs Directorate, Spaceport Technologies Office, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the Electrostatics and Surface Physics Laboratory (ESPL) in support of multiple NASA programs. You will oversee the technical activities of the ESPL and its group of highly skilled scientists and engineers.
- Publishes research results and presents research findings at professional conferences both internal and external to the agency.
- Performs physics-based work requiring the design and development of new experiments or the modification of existing experiments in support of instrumentation development for NASAs exploration missions.
- Accomplishes professional development and maintains technical proficiency.
- Serves as an authority and advises internal and external stakeholders on matters associated with the study of aerospace materials and their reactions in spacecraft operating environments.
- Responds to solicitations and develops proposals to obtain funding for research and technology development projects.
- Leads and conducts custom testing on electrostatic safety for spacecraft and ground support equipment.
- Leads, formulates, conducts, and oversees the performance of projects required to support current and future NASA exploration missions in the area of electrostatics and surface physics.
- If selected, you will be required to complete a financial disclosure statement
- Please see the “Additional Information” section for important information about COVID-19 vaccination requirements for federal employees.
- You must meet qualifications requirements by the closing date of this announcement
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Detroit, MI, US
Application Deadline: N/A